Monday, April 28, 2008

Let's Find My Passion

I want to find something, love care desire throw myself into something, and then use that something to change the world! In other words, I need to find a passion, and it would be just wonderful if I can find it by the end of this month, or even better, the hour. So let's see:

Stuff I Want/Cure/Fight for in this World
  • Slow down the regression, social decline, and just plain downhill of America and the rest of the world (how?)
  • Cure childhood obesity and obesity in general (so that cures heart disease and other dreadful killers like that)
  • Feed the starving children and people in Africa, China, Cambodia, and maybe even a couple blocks away.
  • Show all the people with depression in this world how much God loves them, so much that He died for them, and that they do have hope.
  • Exploit (?) all the secretly abusive parents, husbands, wives, children, etc out there.
  • Dismantle McDonalds (which is the reason the world is coming to an end. seriously.)
  • Stop abortion.
  • On a smaller scale, I want to contribute to the rebirth of letter writing. And sonnets. And ballroom dancing. And traditional stuff like that.

Sigh, I don't feel anything yet. Man hidden passion thing, come to me! I shall continue my long-awaited search later.

1 comment:

Jasmine Lee said...

Hi Melissa! Finding a passion is difficult. Just read my latest post. But I guess the only thing we can do now is focus on school and to do really well so when we actually find our passion, it will be possible to pursue it. There are many distractions and changes in interests. Who knows? What God wants you to do in the future may not be in your list and has probably never even crossed your mind, not even once. I mean, when you were five and drawing pictures, did you know that you were going to be in the FIRST team? did you know that you would play volleyball? So, just wait and something will eventually captivate your heart and make you spike that volleyball harder than anything you have ever hit. Have a nice day!

-Jas